Sunday, January 24, 2010

My First Time

I've never really done this before. I've never really planned on doing this before. But this weekend, after a classy dinner party and reading the blogs of some of our peers, I guess I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm not a really interesting person. I don't see myself as someone who's blog people would actually read for enjoyment (whether that enjoyment be from making fun of my thoughts or from agreeing with them). I've never been the best writer by any stretch of the imagination. But, I love it. When I was little, I used to write these stories and I had wild dreams about becoming a famous writer. Oh! And I was a brilliant lyricist. I would hum little melodies in my head and write out words that fit. Looking back, I was a little bit disillusioned. Just a little. Writing helps me heal, though...which is stupid for me to say, right? Heal. What could I possibly have to heal from?

I don't want to talk about that right now, though. Too deep for a first post. Bored yet? I warned you! Or did you take that as a challenge? Maybe you do find me interesting. Props to you, then.

I don't really expect anyone to care about what I say here, so I'm just going to say what I want. For me. But you are most certainly welcome to comment on it. I like getting feedback. It helps me with that whole...healing thing. Maybe someday I'll tell you what I'm healing from. If you're lucky, that is.

So, was my first time a success?

2 comments:

  1. writing DEFINITELY helps with the healing process. whatever it is, keep living strong, girl!

    ReplyDelete